Sports Card Show (General Information)
next (38th annual) show is Saturday, March 25, 2017
Below is information about our 37th Annual Sports Card Show and Auction
to a family emergency, Jim Palmer is unable to attend (our 2016
show). However, Brooks Robinson will be taking his place. We
apologize for any inconvenience to our attendees.
Saturday, March 19, 2016
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Autograph session 11:00 to 1:00 featuring Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Palmer.
- Sports memorabilia auction begins at approximately 2:30 p.m.
- $5.00 for Adults.
- $1.00 for children under 12.
- Cash or local checks only. No credit cards.
Ephrata Recreation Center
130 South Academy Drive, Ephrata, PA 17522
(near the intersection of routes US 322 and PA 272)
with overflow parking at the Ephrata Middle School.
Show DetailsJim Palmer’s appearance is sponsored by Keystone State Baseball & Softball Academy, Summers Trucking, and the Ephrata National Bank.
Approximately forty sports memorabilia dealers will be present to buy, sell, and trade baseball cards and other sports-related items.
Proceeds benefit Ephrata Area youth sports programs and the
Ephrata Recreation Center. This show and auction helps enable
Ephrata area boys and girls to participate in the local baseball,
softball, lacrosse, and football programs.
- $35.00 each for one autograph on a "flat" (e.g., a card, photo, or magazine) or a baseball, or $45.00 each all other items (e.g., equipment or apparel). PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE, but will be set by December 31.
- Cash or local checks only. No credit cards.
- Autographs may include only one (1) inscription.
- Only three hundred (300) autographs will be sold, and are only available on the day of the show. Limit of 5 autographs per person from the initial 300. Additional autographs beyond the initial 300 will be sold if time permits.
- Autograph sales stop at 12:30 p.m., and you must be in the autograph line by 12:45.
- No mail orders accepted. No advanced sales. No exceptions (so please don't ask).
- Jim Palmer appears courtesy of Keystone State Baseball & Softball Academy, the Ephrata National Bank, and Summers Trucking.
- The Ephrata Lions Club reserves the right to limit an individual to 10 autographs initially, so everyone has an opportunity to get an autograph. If someone wants more than 10 autographs, additional autographs may be purchased at 11:00.
Sports Memorabilia Auction
- Quality auction will begin at approximately 2:30 p.m., featuring individual cards, complete card sets, sports publications, photographs, bobbin' heads, figurines, baseballs, souvenirs, and other sports memorabilia.
- Auction includes autographs by various past and present professional athletes and sports stars.
- Bidders must register before bidding.
- IMPORTANT: Live auction only. Bidders must be present to bid. No telephone or proxy bids accepted.
- Payment terms are cash and local check (with proper government-issued photo ID). Credit cards are not accepted.
- No reserves, no buyers' premium.
- Donation or consignment items for the auction will be accepted through November 30 of the previous year. Please contact Jack Forney (see below).
- Auctioneer, David F. Birmingham, AU-2127-L.
- The auction list will available on our 'Card Show Auction' web page in late February.
In addition to memorabilia auction, a smaller silent auction runs
from the beginning of the card show until 1:30 p.m. The silent
auction features items like autographed photos and game tickets.
Winning bidder (or a proxy) must be present at 1:30 to claim their
- Spent all of his 19 years in Major League Baseball with the Baltimore Orioles (1965-67, 1969-84).
- Regular season statistics: 268 wins, .638 winning percentage, 2.86 ERA, 8-time 20-game winner, 211 complete games, 53 shut-outs.
- Elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1990.
- Received three Cy Young Awards and four Gold Glove Awards.
- A six-time American League All-Star selection.
- Member of three World Series Champions.
- Only pitcher to win a World Series game in three different decades.
- Never allowed a grand slam in any major league contest, and never allowed back-to-back homers.
- One of the starters on the last rotation to feature four 20-game winners in a single season (1971).
- Requests for additional tables will be granted if availability exists. Dealer table pooling is not permitted.
- The fee schedule for dealer tables is as follows (base fees for payment received in January):
- 1 table --- $65
- 2 tables -- $120
- 3 tables -- $170
- 4 tables -- $210
- $5 discount per table for payment received by December 31.
- $10 surcharge per table for payment received after January 31.
- Table reservations are forfeited if payment is not received by February 15.
- However, currently all tables have been reserved (sold out). Contact us to be placed on the waiting list in case of cancellations and/or for future shows (usually the last Saturday of March). Currently, the waiting list has about 10 names on it.
- Pennsylvania Sales Tax numbers are required of all dealers. Dealer setup times will be 6:30 pm to 8:15 pm Friday evening, and 6:30 am to 8:15 am Saturday morning.
Other InformationThe Ephrata Lions Club wants to thank the following local businesses for their donations/hospitality/promotions during recent shows:
- Keystone State Baseball and Softball Academy
- Summers Trucking
- The Ephrata National Bank
- Blue Ridge Communications and Cable-11
- Borough of Ephrata
- Ensinger Printing
- Ephrata Baseball Association
- Ephrata Football Booster Club
- Ephrata Leo Club
- Ephrata Recreation Center
- The Ephrata Review
- Ephrata Youth Lacrosse
- First and Goal Sportscards
- Hampton Inn & Suites (Ephrata)
- The Shopping News
Card Show Contacts
- Jack Forney, telephone 717-314-0962 (primary contact for the auction)
- Brad Lauderman, telephone 717-733-6810, fax 586-279-0984, e-mail email@example.com (primary contact for other aspects of the card show)